|Things to Know
Having Your Vehicle Repaired
- You the customer only need 1 estimate.
- You as an owner can pick the shop you want the vehicle repaired in.
- We will repair your vehicle per ANY
insurance company’s estimate, we are not high priced.
- We will negotiate the repairs with your
insurance company on your behalf.
- We are kept abreast of ALL factory
bulletins and specifications.
- We use genuine factory parts unless requested by your insurance company. We will inform you of this fact if and when it occurs.
- We offer warranties on both paint and workmanship.
- We have state of the art equipment, a frame machine, high tech measuring equipment, MIG welders, down draft paint booth, and much more.
- Our facility is environmentally correct in handling hazardous waste , recycling, and right to know compliance.
- We offer low cost rental vehicles and work within the allowance from your insurance company’s rental coverage.
- Our technicians have many years combined experience and training.
- Our technicians are certified.
- We will reapply undercoating, cathodic protection and paint sealants.
You Have A Very Important
Decision To Make
- Everyone wants a good value. But, deciding which aspect of the repair is most important - price, quality, delivery - will help you sort out the options.
- Make sure you are satisfied before you commit. Let the body shop know you care about quality. Tell them you intend to conduct a careful inspection of the estimate, parts to be installed per the estimate, and a test drive after the
- DON'T allow your vehicle to be towed to a repair shop you are not familiar with.
- DON'T authorize any repairs by signing a towing release unless you have decided to have your vehicle repaired by the shop your vehicle is being towed to. Read and understand any papers you sign before you sign them.
- DON'T accept a check for the repair of your vehicle until you are sure it covers all the necessary repairs. You alone are responsible for having your vehicle repaired, see that it is done right. The role of the insurance company is to collect premiums and to pay claims.
Naturally, they try to hold down claims as much as possible. Your responsibility is to yourself. It is your vehicle, have it repaired to your satisfaction by the shop of your choice.
- DON'T be fooled by the "lowest estimate". There is a big difference in body shops. A low bid could reflect an incomplete job. When some items (like alignment) are overlooked on a repair, the consequences to the driver can be serious.
- At Collision Center of Marshall, we have invested in the training and the technology to guarantee that you get a safe, quality repair. Our staff takes pride in their work. From the initial search for damage to the painting, your vehicle will reflect our craftsmanship.
Some Points To Remember
- Your vehicle is the second largest investment you are likely to make. Preserve its value and your safety by having it professionally
- Never drive a vehicle that could be unsafe because of damages.
- Some insurance companies may want to visit their driven claims center before having your vehicle repaired. You can do this, or you may leave your vehicle at our shop and ask that the insurance company inspect the vehicle here.
- Differences in repair estimates are common. A lower estimate may not include all
necessary work. If you are not sure why one
estimate is difference from another you have received, please ask us.
- Choose a shop that has unibody repair
equipment and certified (ICAR or ASE for
- Ask if the shop will be using genuine
manufacturer (OEM) replacement parts.
- Ask if the shop offers a repair and paint